Glycolic Acid And Why You Should Use It In Your Skincare Routine
If you’re looking for a way to improve the appearance of your skin visibly, then consider introducing glycolic acid into your daily skincare ritual. Whether you have acne scars, dark spots, fine lines, wrinkles, or an uneven tone and texture – this active ingredient can help transform the look and feel of your complexion. However, with so many beauty products on the market nowadays, it can be hard to know which ones best address these concerns; read on to understand better what makes glycolic acid so special in improving skin health!
Ways to incorporate glycolic acid into your skincare routine
- Start with a low percentage: When introducing glycolic acid into your skincare routine, it is best to start off with a low percentage of the product and build up over time. It’s also important to ensure that you’re only using one glycolic acid-containing product at a time so your skin can get used to its effects.
- Use other treatments alongside: Glycolic acid works best when combined with other active ingredients like retinol or vitamin C, as they can help enhance each other’s effects on the skin. Make sure to alternate between days when you use both products (for example, using retinol one day and then using glycolic acid the next day) to give your skin time to adjust.
- Don’t forget sunscreen: Sunscreen is a must when using glycolic acid, as it increases the skin’s sensitivity to UV rays. Make sure to apply SPF 30 or higher every morning and throughout the day if you’re spending time outdoors.
- Follow with moisturizer: After applying any glycolic acid product, follow up with a moisturizer to prevent dryness and irritation from occurring on your skin. This will help keep your skin hydrated and balanced while still allowing the product to do its job.
- Avoid other exfoliants: Glycolic acid is an exfoliant, so it’s best to avoid using any other type of exfoliant, like scrubs or physical cleansers, while using this product. Doing so will help reduce the risk of skin irritation and over-exfoliation.
- Monitor your skin: It’s important to keep an eye on how your skin reacts to the product to ensure that you’re not experiencing any adverse effects. For example, if your skin starts feeling dry or irritated, stop using the product and give your skin time to recover before trying again at a lower dosage.
By incorporating these tips into your routine, you can ensure that you get the most out of glycolic acid without any negative side effects. With regular use, you’ll enjoy smoother, brighter, and healthier-looking skin in no time!
How to make your own glycolic acid toner at home
Glycolic acid toners are an excellent way to exfoliate and brighten your skin, but they can be expensive. Fortunately, it’s easy to make your own glycolic acid toner at home that is just as effective! Here’s what you need:
- Glycolic Acid Powder (available online)
- Witch Hazel
- Distilled Water
- Essential Oils (optional for scent)
To begin, mix 1 teaspoon of glycolic acid powder with 4 tablespoons of witch hazel in a bowl. Next, slowly add 2 teaspoons of distilled water and stir until the mixture is smooth. Finally, if desired, add a few drops of your favorite essential oil to give the toner a pleasant scent.
Once all the ingredients are combined, transfer the mixture into a spray bottle or a small pump bottle and apply it to your skin twice per day after cleansing. Allow the toner to sit on your face for up to 5 minutes before washing off with tepid water. Use this homemade glycolic acid toner consistently for best results!
By making your own glycolic acid toner at home, you can save money and enjoy beautiful, glowing skin! Just remember that glycolic acid is powerful and can cause irritation if used incorrectly, so be sure to patch test before using it on your face and start with a lower concentration of acid (no more than 10%). Furthermore, always use a sunscreen when using glycolic acid products. With these precautions in mind, you’ll be able to enjoy the benefits of glycolic acid toners safely and effectively!